Government’s objectives for the community
Section 10 of the Financial Accountability Act 2009 (Qld) requires that the government prepares and tables in the Legislative Assembly a statement of the government’s broad objectives for the community.
Kết quả xổ số hàng thángThe government’s objectives for the community are built around Unite and Recover – Queensland’s Economic Recovery Plan.
Kết quả xổ số hàng thángThe objectives are long-term and can only be achieved by everyone involved working together. The objectives are:
- Safeguarding our health: Safeguard people’s health and jobs by keeping Queensland pandemic-ready.
- Supporting jobs: Support increased jobs in more industries to diversify the Queensland economy and build on existing strengths in agriculture, resources and tourism.
- Backing small business: Help small business, the backbone of the state’s economy, thrive in a changing environment.
- Making it for Queensland: Grow manufacturing across traditional and new industries, making new products in new ways and creating new jobs.
- Building Queensland: Drive investment in the infrastructure that supports our recovery, resilience and future prosperity.
- Growing our regions: Help Queensland’s regions grow by attracting people, talent and investment, and driving sustainable economic prosperity.
- Investing in skills: Ensure Queenslanders have the skills they need to find meaningful jobs and set up pathways for the future.
- Backing our frontline services: Deliver world-class frontline services in key areas such as health, education and community safety.
- Protecting the environment: Protect and enhance our natural environment and heritage for future generations and achieve a 50 per cent renewable energy target by 2030.
Read the progress reports on previous government election commitments:
- Progress report on 2017 government election commitments - October 2020
- Progress report on 2015 government election commitments - October 2020